Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rain, rain go away...

Day 1: Urbandale to Chicago (approx. 330 miles)



We got a bit of a late start leaving today. Surprise, surprise. I guess that's what happens when Ella and I woke up two hours later that I had planned. That meant she got a late start to preschool, too. I'll blame it on the new cell phone and the fact that I haven't quite gotten the snooze feature figured out yet.

Our drive to Chicago was WET. Not just a sprinkle or two, but a downpour for nearly the entire 300+ miles. I'm hoping that Mother Nature got it out of her system today and the rest of our trip will be clear.

Despite the late start, we still made it to IKEA to do a little shopping and to Trader Vic's for dinner. Now we're checked into our hotel in downtown Chicago and ready to head out and get our kicks tomorrow! I'm should have internet access every night except for maybe one so I hope to get on and post each night.


kdl


No comments:

Post a Comment